Setting up a microfiche conversion job requires the following criteria.
1) Output Media: typical options a service bureau can provide are CD, DVD, USB Hard Drive, FTP, flash drive, online image repository
2) File Format: after the scan is complete, typical options are .pdf, .tif, images in a searchable Microsoft database or other proprietary format.
3) Scanning Resolution: typical resolutions 200 pdi and 300 dpi and
4) Indexing Protocol: typical indexing methods (also called file naming protocol) are name, date, subject etc.
5) Turnaround Time: Small jobs may be completed in 1 day or 1 week, large jobs may be completed in months or a year. For large microfiche and microfilm conversion jobs, we often work towards a monthly budget as agreed upon with the customer. With this method, the job eventually is completed and Accounts Payables knows what to expect from month to month.